Thursday, January 31, 2013

“Wooden Shoe Be My Valentine”

Don’t you love those old school valentines? They have the cutest sayings.  I’m going to collect some this year just to put on my Valentine Garland.  I’ve looked and looked at Elizabeth’s banner and realized I needed some different shapes beside hearts.

valentine  banner 010
Since I don’t have authentic old Valentines, I made do with copies which I made too small but used anyway attaching them to tags. Then I started looking for things on hand and found an IBB page Sarah had sent in a swap years ago and I found some IBB pages that printed out too big at the time.  Sometimes it pays to be a hoarder!

valentine  banner 002
Reading Elizabeth’s instructions I misinterpreted her “figure eight” meaning. She was talking about the links and I understood a figure eight of the entire chain.  Anyway it worked for me and sort of hangs like those chain belts that swag. 

valentine  banner 005
I loved her addition of some cute playing cards and found a darling Holly Hobbie card in my stash. Needless to say – Elizabeth is such a crafty (haha make that crafting) “Good Friend” to share her ideas with instructions.  This is sort of like a charm bracelet to be collected over the years. 

valentine  banner 015
And moving on to some “pink” I’m almost ready to mail my Valentines to my Circle Journal Friends. Do you see Beverly’s name? She had to have a pink envelope for Pink Saturday. I get a lot of inspiration from the Pink Saturday blogs.  You will, too, so check them out!

xoxo Nancy

14 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! I love seeing everyone's interpretation of the same craft....I got some of the old Xmas plastic garland and I am going to use the greenery on it for other crafts....I saw red and green somewhere but they weren't for sale...The red chain would be cute also....Thanks for the wonderful photos! :) Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh.....I love your garland!!

    I just hung the LOVE banner you "helped" me make a couple of years ago (you shared your letters!!). Anyway, I love it and always think of you when I see it!!

    I finally took down the last of my Christmas pine greenery....and now have a few Valentiney items out. 2 outta 3 grands are spending the night with us...and I'm sure they will love to see the decor!

    I LOVE your envelopes and can hardly wait to get mine in the mail. I hope to get mine going on Sunday.

    Have a great weekend!! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the redundant use of the word LOVE in that comment!!! Guess I've got some LOVE on my mind! :) Fondly, Dana :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, your Valentine post is so sweet. I love everything with hearts. I am working on my Valentines but a long way from finished. No worries I will mail them by Monday or so. I wish I could write as beautifully as you. The names on our cards are so nicely done. It will be so much fun to receive valentines from the girls. Thank you for hosting the swap.
    Happy Pink Saturday.

    Blessings and hugs,
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of old fashioned looking valentines. And, Holly Hobbie - been a long time since I heard that name (or read it as the case may be). I think it's also been a long time (though not as long) since I've stopped by your blog. Hey! How are ya?
    Oh, circle of friends journal - that must be who I was thinking about earlier when I wrote on Dana and Jeanne's blogs. Aha! I had mentioned that I think of them when I work on my altered book - with all the altered pages/swap books I've seen on their blogs - guess I got inspired. So, I guess that includes you too?
    I posted on an old paper doll that I cut out some time back - Mary Engelbriet - so it's not THAT old, but still, old. That and pink snow. Hope you can stop by and visit my post.
    Happy Pink Saturday! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I love your 'twist" on the garland ! So pretty and sweet. Happy Pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, they will all love those valentines, sooo cute! Love the garland! Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love every single thing about your valentines - sooooooo adorable. I want to make one, but I think I am running out of time. Where did you get the chain for your garland? I am inspired by seeing your lovely pages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, these are darling Valentine's ! I think it came out great! My craft mistakes many times turn into masterpieces! xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea! I don't have any actual old Valentine's either but I keep pinning them on Pinterest. Now I know why! I need to make one of these!
    HPS,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the envelopes you made. They are my favorite. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very crafty and artistic!

    Please come and peek at my PINK.
    Your comment is always a joy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would so love a hand written Valentine! Hardly anyone does this today! You are quite talented and very artistic! Hugs to you! HPS and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word - these are so perfect! I'm a "hoarder" too:)

    Love you blog and have decided to follow right along!

    Enjoy your week!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete